Watch the Boy-Who-lived in a sensory-friendly environment, on the Big Screen, in this 20th Anniversary celebration.
Harry Potter’s adventures continue… After a long summer with the horrid Dursleys, Harry Potter is thwarted in his attempts to board the train to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to begin his second year. Harry’s only transportation option is a magical flying car, but, unfortunately, it crashes into a valuable (and clearly vexed) Whomping Willow.
Still, all this seems like a day in the park compared to what awaits Harry that fall within the haunted halls of Hogwarts. Chilling, malevolent voices whisper from the walls only to Harry, and it seems certain that his classmate Draco Malfoy is out to get him. Soon it’s not just Harry who is worried about survival, as dreadful things begin to happen at the school.
The mysteriously gleaming foot-high words on the wall proclaim: “The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies of the Heir, Beware.” But what exactly does it all mean? Harry, Hermione, and Ron do everything that is wizardly possible–including risking their own lives–to solve this 50-year-old, potentially deadly mystery.
Wind Down Wednesdays are for everyone who wants to enjoy a film in a sensory-friendly environment. These relaxed cinema screenings have several adjustments to create an enjoyable, safe and comfy movie experience:
• Unreserved seating with a reduced capacity so that you can choose your seats when you arrive and move freely around the space
• Free tickets for carers
• Lowered film volume
• Softer lighting levels
• No trailers or adverts at the start of the film
• Hand dryers in the toilets switched off
• Clear signage to show you were the cinema, café and toilets are
• Seats outside the cinema to use as a break-out space
• No music in the café/ foyer areas
• Food containers to minimise noise