Thank you for your interest in bringing your show to us at Cumbernauld Theatre. We are always keen to hear from artist and companies who are touring work across Scotland.
We have two main spaces that receive visiting company work:
Main Auditorium: 276 seats
Studio theatre: 100 seats
We also have a dance studio which on occasion may be used to host relaxed, sensory or community engagement work and we also have an 84-seat cinema available for screenings.
We aim to programme our spaces two seasons in advance and brochure deadlines are available on request. Please send all programming enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending through a proposal we would encourage you to include as much information as possible to help us in our decision making. This may include images, video, copy, preferred dates, who’s in your creative team, press or industry quotes, technical information, scale of show, accessibility and other information you think we should know about.
Where possible, we would love to see the work before programming or access a previous example of your work. If the piece is in a development phase, please do invite us and we’ll do our best to attend If you have footage to share with us please send us a link.
The following information is given to make the process of programming as transparent as possible and to help inform you of the way in which we currently programme. This process is ever evolving so please do check back here for updates.
2. Our creative Producer will consider the piece in regards to current availability, timelines and the programming policy
3. Our programming team (made up of our CEO, Community Engagement Manager, Communications and Engagement Manager and Technical and Production Manager) will consider the scale, audience, current programming balance and ways in which the work may respond to our community feedback and research.
4. If the work is agreed as a good fit our team will be in touch to discuss potential dates and financial deal with you. At this stage the booking is a “Pencil” i.e. it’s likely to happen but is not confirmed.
5. We finalise our programme.
6. Our programming team will inform you of our decision and confirm the date and deal if successful. At This stage we would consider the booking ‘Heavy pencil’ i.e confirmed but not contracted.
7. A deal memo will be sent out to you. Once this has been returned, a contract will be issued which we ask you to sign and return within 7 working days.
8. We ask that if possible you send brochure copy and image to our marketing department on confirmation of booking and further promotional material at least 8 weeks in advance of your performance date.
9. We request technical riders and plans to be sent to our Technical and Production Manager (Matt Nevans) email@example.com ideally 8 weeks in advance of your production, but a minimum of 2 weeks in order to ensure we can accommodate your staffing and equipment needs.
Our theatre spaces are also available for third party and community hires through North Lanarkshire Council. For more information or to register interest, please contact the bookings team on 01698 274545. You can download the interactive booking form here.